We’re delighted to announce that Public Health Northamptonshire has started the process of opening Community Asymptomatic Testing Sites, which your workforce is eligible to access.
Lateral Flow Device (LFD) testing (otherwise known as rapid testing) is for people who do not have symptoms of COVID-19. The LFD test kit is an antigen test which enables rapid display of Covid-19 test results in 30 minutes and does not require a lab to process the test.
The testing works differently depending on your size of business. Please see below for the two options.
1. If you have a workforce of less than 50 people
At present, the closest COVID-19 Lateral Flow Device Testing Centre is at The University of Northampton. County-wide there are also centres at Danes Camp in Northampton, Brackley and Corby. More sites will open across the county over the coming weeks.
Booking slots are being targeted at adults who are unable to work from home, with particular priority for workers in the following sectors:
- Health or social care
- Education or childcare (if not receiving regular rapid tests via employer)
- Essential shops, supermarkets or financial services
- Food production or processing
- Warehousing, packing or distribution
- Essential public sector services including waste, bin collections, security etc
- Construction, utilities or communications
- Agency workers
Please visit the Northamptonshire County Council website for information on Lateral Flow Device testing and guidance on how to book a testing slot.
2. If you have a workforce of 50 staff members plus
These businesses are eligible to use the Department of Health and Social Care Portal for workforce testing. This means you can register for testing kits to be delivered directly to your premises.
To register, please visit the gov.uk website.