In 2014 businesses on Brackmills voted YES to renewing the estate’s status as a Business Improvement District (BID) for a second time.
Resident companies now continue to pool an annual levy, funds used to improve the estate’s environment, security, investment in staff and much more. The BID’s vision is “To create a highly effective and functional operating environment on Brackmills Industrial Estate which supports and attracts businesses and inward investment.”
The BID has four key objectives:
- Crime Prevention and Safety
- Brackmills Environment
- People who work on the estate
Some of the activities the BID has performed since it was first voted for by businesses in March 2009 include:
- Improved broadband and power supply
- Traffic calming without road humps
- Extra winter gritting and improved lighting
- CCTV cameras 24/7 and a dedicated Police Community Support Officer for the estate
- Facilities to eat, meet and relax
- Better appearance of vacant sites
The Brackmills Industrial Estate BID covers one of the most prominent locations for logistics and distribution in the country. It is also home to a wide variety of important manufacturing, service and trading companies which all make valuable contributions to the local economy in Northamptonshire.